Planning & Development Tollcross Community Council Tollcross Online Edinburgh News Sports News

Argyle House / King's Stables Road Development Brief

The area currently comprises:

  • Argyle House
    240,000 sq.ft. office space, 50% let at present. Previously occupied by thr DSS. The building is accessed from West Port, Lady Lawson Street and Castle Terrace.
  • Properties owned by CEC (18-20 King's Stables Road)
    which are now surplus to requirements.
  • The 'Stereo' nightclub
  • Residential properties - tenement and mews type, located on King's Stables Road, Lady Wynd and King's Stables Road Lane, some located above surplus properties owned by CEC.
  • Warehousing units on King's Stables Road and King's Stables Road Lane; and
  • Car parking to the rear of King's Stables Road and off King's Stables Road Lane.

Next - Planning Policy »


Maps and photographic views of the area

1893 Bartholomew Map
Map showing area ownership
Council offices - King's Stables Road
Stereo Nightclub - King's Stables Road
View along King's Stables Road
Looking down from Spittal Street
Spittal Street looking towards West Port
West Port - front of Argyle House
Looking down West Port
Height, massing and levels
View to Edinburgh Castle from West Port
Two views of Mews lanes


Around The Clock Tollcross Traders Cinema Plus Shoppers Parking Tollcross Sport